Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{saying.goodbye.to.howard.the.fish.and.my.kitchenaid.}

>> Wednesday, August 5, 2009


I can't say that this has been a stellar week for me. I'm not really sure what started it, but I would love to end it . . . and soon. Sadly, it's only Wednesday. My latest turn on this downward sprial occurred about ten minutes ago. In a frenzy to get lots of things accomplished in a short amount of time, I grabbed Howard, the fish's, bowl and set out to give him non-smelly, non-murky, non-fishy water. I generally grab a small piece of tupperware and pour Howard into that while I clean his bowl. As I was pouring Howard into his bowl, he literally jumped out and into our kitchen sink. Unfortunately, I couldn't react fast enough and he slid down the sink and into the dish drain. Like any compassionate person, I turned on the dish disposal, as I knew there was no hope in saving him. I didn't want him just floundering down there, right? Should I cry? It's a fish, for crying out loud. But, he did make it a super long time in our family. So, I bring the empty bowl to the girls and explain that Howard is gone. Addy perks up and explains that we can just get a new Howard, but Delaney is harder to convince. After a small discussion, Delaney agrees that Addy and I can go and get a new Howard tomorrow while she's in school. I think I should purchase one of those nets too . . . Pouring fish is apparently not my gift.

On another note, my beloved kitchenaid was also pronounced dead earlier this week. I think I was much more sad about that than the fish, if I'm being truthful. Besides, fish are a lot cheaper than kitchenaids. Clearly, my compassion this week is declining rapidly. I need prayer.

1 comments:

Susanne August 5, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Greg and I are really feeling bad for you, but I'm also kind-of laughing I hate to admit. This is just hilariously classic...it has give me a muted giggle. Your a great Mom and your doing great! Love you and your blog girl! Susanne

Post a Comment