Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{ew.}

>> Thursday, August 20, 2009

So we're outside swinging in the 100+ degree heat, sweat rolling down my back all for the love of my girls when Delaney has a deep, disgusting, but hilarious thought. One of the swings had received a lovely gift of bird poop and so, being the awesome mom that I am, flicked it off and proclaimed it "clean." However, there was still a dark spot where some lovely bird had deposited his poop, and Delaney asked what it was. (Meanwhile, Addy is crying to GET IN THE RED SWING NOW. She could care less if she sits in bird poop. Heck, she's eaten the stuff. And lived. She wasn't right before, so it's hard to tell if it affected her.) So, in my brilliant thoughts, I proclaim it a "stain" from the birds. And Delaney responds, "Oh. I see. (Her new favorite response.) It's a poop stain. Like the ones I have in some of my panties." Yeah, pretty much. Don't judge, OK? We do try to wear the nonstained ones when we have places to go. But, there are some I haven't gotten around to throwing away to remind me that I must have had God's grace not to kill Delaney when she would poop in her panties. And that is why Addy isn't wearing panties yet. I'm not ready to clean out more poop stains. Sometimes Oxy clean is not a miracle worker.

0 comments:

Post a Comment