Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{stars, stripes, and icing}

>> Sunday, July 5, 2009


So July 4th has come and gone, and the girls feel that there should be a fireworks show every night. We'll work on that. Meanwhile, I thought it would be fun to have the girls and some of our precious friends make and decorate patriotic cookies. In spite of my A type personality, I overlooked flour, sprinkles, and icing in various places of my kitchen (does anyone know how to get cookie dough out of a rug?), and I'm glad I did. The kids had such a great time, and we were so proud of our creations. We had originally cut out all of the cute stars to decorate, but they absolutely exploded into non-descript blobs in my oven. I was disappointed, as was my A-type Delaney and one of our precious friends who shares our need to have everything perfect. (It's a sickness. Anyone know a cure?) Meanwhile, Addy was just excited to have something to put as much icing on as possible. Who cares what it looks like, right? Our other friend simply ate all of his sprinkles out of the bowl. Isn't it funny how kids can be so different? I mean REALLY different . . . even when they come from the same genetic make up? Alas, the end result was simply delicous . . . even if it looked nothing like a star. Thank goodness for patriotic sprinkles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment