Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{directionally.challenged}

>> Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We are currently visiting my sweet, precious, beautiful mom (otherwise known as Grammy) in Woodruff, South Carolina for a final hurrah before school, CBS, a part time job, and so on begins. So, I don't have full access to all of my programs, pictures, etc., but I couldn't resist this post. You see, it occurred to me today that my mom and I have a serious direction problem. Sure, everyone gets lost every now and then, but we seem to get lost now, then, and in the future. As we were finishing up what I'll refer to as the polar bear swim at the water park (seriously, I was wishing for my winter jacket, 8 blankets, and a cup of hot chocolate way more than my bathing suit, a soaking wet towel, and a cold diet Coke - though I have a love affair with diet Coke). We decide it would be a stupendous idea to take the girls and their ADORABLE cousin Daniel to a Sonic that was supposedly close by and super easy to get to. See, those should be clues that we are destined to be lost. My mom explains to my sister that it can't be THAT hard and as I nervously buckle the girls into their seats, I start to wonder . . . will it be THAT hard? Oh yes. See, Delaney is most observant and after a few minutes in the car surrounded by nothing that would indicate a Sonic is near (you know, run down buildings, large pastures, cows, tractors that haven't worked since 1965), she pipes up, "Do you guys know where we're going?" Of course, we say. The road should be right up here. A few minutes later, she pipes in again, "Where is the Sonic? Do you know?" OF COURSE WE DO NOT KNOW. WE STILL DON'T SEE ANYTHING THAT RESEMBLES A SUITABLE PLACE FOR A FAST FOOD CHAIN. "Yes, Delaney. Don't worry. We should be there soon" . . . as we drive past the same place . . . AGAIN. Finally, we brialliantly decide to stop at a lovely gas station. I run in and ask the lady, "Where the heck is the Sonic? You know, the one that is supposed to be RIGHT HERE?" Unfortunately, my hopes are not high as she simply stares at me and my bathing suit clad self and says, "Stay straight through the red light." I anxiously anticipate her next direction. There are no more. She turns back around and goes about restocking the twinkies and the like. I go back outside as my sister and my mom have high hopes that I have the answer. I don't. My sister calls my brother-in-law, who has been called on MANY occassions to help us when we are lost. I didn't here the convo, but I'm sure he's rolling his eyes as my sister asks for the nearest Sonic. Because, you see, at this point, we MUST find a Sonic. It can't be a MacDonalds or a Wendy's . . . oh no, they don't have tater tots. BIG PROBLEM. My brother-in-law saves the day, as he gives my sister directions to a nearby Sonic. We follow my sister, which is a much better idea than anyone following us. I wouldn't even follow myself. What seems to be MUCH, MUCH later, we arrive at the glorious Sonic. And I realize . . . yes, we have a problem. We are directionally challenged. In fact, we are direction morons. And, unfortunately, you can't photoshop THAT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment