Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{just.peachy}

>> Thursday, July 23, 2009












Perhaps I shouldn't have made the previous post, as everything didn't start out so peachy for our sweet Mimi. We were all set to have Mimi come to Grammy's house for a morning of peach picking and picnicing. The girls were so excited have Grammy AND Mimi (imagine the attention). As we eagerly awaited Mimi's arrival, we got a phone call explaining that Mimi was, yes, you got it, lost. The sad news is that, yes, you got it, we (being directional morons) couldn't help her. So, sweet Willy did the best he could to guide his frazzled mom into Grammy's neighborhood and, thank goodness, she got here . . . not because we helped her . . . at all. Not one bit. We just stood by and hoped for the best . . . which is super unhelpful in these kinds of situations. Sorry, Mimi.

BUT, the good news is that we did make it to the peach farm without making ONE wrong turn. Seriously, not one. And, it was quite fun, as you can see from the pictures. Addy was sad there wasn't more to sample, as she did not care for the "crust," otherwise known as the peach skin. (On our venture to the strawberry farm where we did get very, very, very lost coming home, Addy consumed at least 50 strawberries rather than picking any.) We filled up a great big basket of peaches, and now we are in search of yummy peach recipes. Then, we headed over to the local park which was, thank goodness, on the way home and had a lovely time there too. The girls are getting so big and so brave . . . while there are moments that I think time is passing by slower than Delaney walking through Target, there are others where it seems like just yesterday I was lugging around one of those insanely heavy carriers while Delaney toddled around . . . at her usual slow pace. Time is a tickin' people . . . get out there and take some pictures . . . because you can't photoshop time. It is what it is. And I'm so grateful for what God's given me so far!
Mimi and Grammy, the rest of the pictures are loading on my website right now so hang on! Just head over there in a bit (http://www.sillygoosephotography.smugmug.com/) and then click on "Peachy Girls." Mimi, the ones of you and the girls in the tunnel are HILARIOUS. They'll be on the next post. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment