Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{pitiful.princess.pout}

>> Saturday, July 11, 2009











So Willy and I took off for a peaceful, relaxing, no-kids-are-going-to-wake-me-up-at-5-am time at Fripp Island to celebrate my - gulp - 3oth birthday. Suddenly, 30 sounds so very young. At the conclusion of our trip, Willy and I stopped into TJ Maxx (Willy's favorite store), and I discovered some lovely princess costumes for the girls to dress up in. Willy thought it was a fabulous idea to purchase them (or at least he said OK). I noticed that the two costumes were not identical, but I thought it would be silly to have two of the very same costumes to dress up in. Fast forward as I walk in the door, so excited to bestow my two little girls with their new dress up costumes. At first, all was well and everyone was pumped . . . until we discovered that the costume we had bought for Delaney was too small. Trading was not an option, according to Addison. Then, the costume actually ripped. So guess what I did. I turned right back around like an insane mommy and marched my little self into Tuesday Morning, where I knew they had dress up costumes at a reasonable (in my opinion, not Willy's) price. I found a costume very similar to the one that Addy refused to take off of her body no matter what and even purchased white slippers to accompany the costume. I return home to find Addy still in her costume (as if she was going to give it up) and bestow upon Delaney her new princess costume. She's happy, but not as overly excited as I'd hoped. She puts it on and all is well in the Powell house again . . . for now. Am I the only insane mommy out there?

0 comments:

Post a Comment