Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{name.change}

>> Friday, March 5, 2010


Lately, I've been wishing at certain moments (mainly around that 5:30 time slot) that my name could change, as "mommy" gets awfully wearing by the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, I recognize the great privilge it is to be a mommy, but you know what I'm saying. "MOMMY, where is my dollie?" "MOMMY, can I have a snack?" "MOMMY, can you wipe me." Ew.

Anyway, apparently my youngest little girl, Addy, decided that she too was tired of her name. (And she probably should be too. "ADDY, please flush the potty." (She's notorious for not flushing the potty. Again. Ew.) "ADDY, no you cannot have another piece of chocolate." "ADDY, STOP." You get the idea.

So, here's the conversation that ensued just the other afternoon:

Sweet, Precious Neighbor: "Hi, Addy!"

Addy: "THAT'S NOT MY NAME."

Sweet, Precious Neighbor: (Taken aback) "Well, what is your name today?"

Addy: "My name is ANNA."

Sweet, Precious Neighbor: "Well, hi, Anna!"

Addy: No response. Not Amused.

Embarassed Mommy: "Addy, I mean Anna, say "hi."

Addy: No response.

Sweet, Precious Neighbor: "Well, Anna, guess what my name is today."

Addy: No response. Again. Not amused.

Sweet Precious Neighbor: "It's Malakadoola Bippity Boppity Boo." (Or something really long like that.)

Addy: No response. Pedals bicycle into garage. Goes inside.

Embarassed Mommy: Sorry about that. Have a fantastic night. (I know I will. I'm SOOO looking forward to spending more time with Addy, I mean Anna.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment