Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{daffodil.delight . . . kind.of}

>> Sunday, March 14, 2010





Well, we know one way to tell when spring is coming here in Bluffton . . . the daffodil farm opens up! This local daffodil farm is a beautiful display of rows and rows of stunning daffodils that make for great photos . . . usually. When I planned this outing, just after church today, I failed to recognize that it would be daylight savings time, which, in turn means a lack of sleep. In Addy's case, it meant a SEVERE lack of sleep, as she partied hard until 9:30 pm or so, only to be rudely awakened (by me, of course) to be on time (kind of) for church. We had to leave especially early, as we were taking our precious friends along with us, while their sweet mommy continues to recover from a super bad illness. No one was in a good mood as we departed, and I feared the worse by the time we actually got to the daffodil fields.

When we arrived, we had to hem and haw over which color of bucket each child should have. Of course, Delaney took her sweet time. And, then, we had to actually walk to the fields. Again, Delaney took her sweet time. And, Addy had her first (of many) meltdowns, insisting on being carried. Our sweet friends happily skipped ahead . . . way ahead because, well, Delaney took her sweet time. (Do you see a pattern here?) I must admit, there were plenty of moments of fun. Each child was allowed to get 20 daffodils. Addy and Matthew picked their flowers in record time, with Emily not to far behind. And then there was Delaney. Yeah, you guessed it. While everyone had gathered their twenty (Addy had actually gathered more . . .), Delaney had, oh, I think 4. I darted around, trying to grab all of the pictures that I wanted, but, with everything going on the sun super bright, it wasn't as easy as I thougth it would be. Alas, I did manage a few, but I must admit my disappointment in not grabbing all of the shots I had wanted. But, with 4 kids hungry and needing to go potty, photo time was cut short.

But, as you can see, it was not a total loss. Looks like I need more practice shooting in the direct sun? Any suggestions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment