Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{add.flat.tire.to.the.list}

>> Wednesday, January 27, 2010

UGH. Well, as I'm driving to a meeting tonight, I get freaked out by a guy who looks like he's coming at me and swerve as I'm making a left. And you guessed it. I was blessed with a front, passenger side flat tire. I wish I could have seen it as a blessing, but, in my very nature, I was trying to suppress FREAKING OUT, which is something I do so wonderfully well. Because I have two wide eyed blondies in the back, I'm trying to suppress the tears, yelling, and words that may come out of my mouth. Sadly, the girls know the routine, as this will be our THIRD flat tire within a month. Yahoo. They were all geared up for "the man" with "Christmas lights," which is code for the guy with the tow truck with emergency lights that we encountered just prior to Christmas. Thankfully, we didn't need "the man." Willy is THE MAN.

BUT, where I would usually throw in some humor, I want to tell you instead of God's provision tonight. Once I got the flat, I just immediately assumed that the meeting was out of the question. Oh how the girls cried, as they were so looking foward to playing with some of their friends and, more importantly, a snack that they were sure would be a part of it. But, just as it happens, one of our sweet friends was going to the same meeting and got a call to pick us up and SHE DID! Not only that, I had another sweet friend that was on her way to tennis (it's freezing, girl, REALLY??). Anyway, she was also coming to pick us up. DOUBLE BLESSINGS! So, we gladly ditched the van, leaving the emergency lights on (they're on most of the time anyway due to some quirky electrical deal) and got to go to our meeting after all. AND, my sweet friend had a booster seat and a regular car seat for the girls to ride in! Is God not AMAZING? Have you ever tried to unhook and then hook back up a regular car seat? You need five degrees from prestigious schools. Seriously. So, while I was not a huge help at the meeting, totally bumming about my newest flat tire, it was, at the same time, so refreshing to be there and have the girls totally forget about what just happened.

So, no one stole the van while we were gone. (Sadly.) And, Willy fixed the tire for us while we were in the meeting and then came and picked us up!!

God is good all of the time. All of the time God is good. Don't forget it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment