Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{lesson.learned}

>> Wednesday, June 23, 2010

For all of your photographers and wanna-bes, I must share a lesson learned today. The hard way, of course. :-( YOU SHOULD ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS check your settings. ALWAYS. Don't EVER assume that they are what you are sure you set them at. I have NO idea what happened to my camera settings, but, for whatever reason, I now have some sessions that should not be printed any larger than a 5x7 without compromising quality. Of course, it's too late to fix the issue now. BUT, it has been fixed as of 5:00 this evening, just prior to a photo shoot, thank goodness. And, from now on, I'll be checking those settings like a hawk. Because I'm just super sad. To have gorgeous pictures that can't be printed large. So sad.

Lesson learned.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  June 23, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

ouch...been there! Happens more often when there's two of you on one camera (like my husband and myself). He goes crazy with all the settings while I stick to a few tried and true ones. It used to mess me up alot until I learned (but only after botching more than a few sets of images...some which can't be reproduced:( ). Now we have two bodies so I don't have to yell at him anymore:)

Post a Comment