Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{brain.cell.leakage}

>> Monday, December 7, 2009





My brain cells seem to be disappearing at a rapid rate, particularly at this time of year. Here are some signs:

*I just heated up a mug for hot tea. The problem? I only heated the mug. No tea. Regardless, I had a nicely warmed mug.

*I put the car in reverse only to realize that not only were the girls totally unbuckled but both van doors were wide open. Nothing like livin' on the edge.

*While Delaney and I were making angels with a hot glue gun, I stuck my finger right in the hot glue, thinking, it can't be too hot. Why do they call it a HOT glue gun?

*I thought it would be a good idea to let the girls walk around at Michael's craft store today rather than opt for the cart. Do you realize how many breakable things they have at kids' levels? I didn't . . . until today.

*I've said "yes" far more than I've said "no." And I seriously considered pulling an all nighter the other night. (For those of you that don't know me, I'm an early to bed girl. Like, don't call me after 9:00. Seriously. For all of you overachievers out there, repeat after me, "NO." Again, "NO." One more time, "NO." See, it's not hard. And, yet, it is.
*I contemplated making my own gingerbread house walls and roof rather than pay for a kit. Seriously, has Dave Ramsey overtaken my brain?

The Christmas season is upon us, people. Don't let it overtake you. I so love having my girls around during this season, as they remind me how simple and beautiful Christmas really is. Addy exclaims at least five times a day (LOUDLY), "DON'T FORGET. IT JESUS' BIRTHDAY." Keep reminding me, sweet one. Your mommy's brain cells are leaving at a rapid rate. Sometimes it takes a two year old to put things in perspective.

Isn't that family above PRECIOUS?

0 comments:

Post a Comment