Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{pink.with.embarassment}

>> Monday, May 17, 2010

So today was grocery shopping day. Oh how I love thee. Not really. At all. But, alas, we went.

It was a typical grocery shopping experience. Addy in the front of the buggy and Delaney hanging out in the back, arguing about who holds the oranges, the list, the juice boxes . . . SO much fun. (Thank goodness those silly car carts were not available. I hate those things. Oh yes. I said the "h" word. I can barely drive a regular cart much less the 18 wheeler version.)

At one point, I quickly grab a necessary feminine product that I don't need to name. It comes in a pink box, and, in general, it's a once-a-month purchase. You get the idea. Generally, I just toss this product in the cart as nonchalantly as possible. But today, Addy wanted to hold the box. SERIOUSLY? I try convincing Addy that there are WAY cooler things to hold, but, no, she has her eyes on the pink box. I try convincing Addy again. I mean, do I really want my three year old holding this box out for the world to see? NO. But, Addy's response is:


"I WANT TO HOLD THAT BOX. IT'S PINK AND PRETTY. LET ME HOLD THAT BOX, MOMMY."


I'm turning the very shade of pink of the box. People are staring. Now everyone knows. I quickly wheel my cart out of the dreaded aisle and proceed to check out, no longer caring if I have completed my list. "The box" is finally placed on the check out belt, and I breathe a sigh of relief. Until next month . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment