Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{my.fashionistas}

>> Friday, February 5, 2010


If you ask my brother or sister about my fashion choices in my middle school years, they would love to sit down and chat with you for, well, days of humilating stories. The sad part may just be that I thought that I looked good. But I'm not sure how I can look good in a tye-dyed jumpsuit, with circles that get larger and larger, starting from my belly. And, while I wish I could say that childbirth ruined my body, I'm pretty sure it didn't start there. My love for sugar filled items goes way, way, way back. I've never met a chocolate item I didn't like. So, cocentric circles in a tye-dyed pattern on a jumpsuit is just not flattering. Maybe not on anyone. Ever.

My sister wore this particular item of clothing for tacky day. She's so full of grace and compassion and love. My self esteem was surely boosted that day. That kind of stuff just screams, "Make a psychological appointment."

Tragically, my tye-dyed jumpsuit in neon colors was not my only poor fashion choice. There were many. SO many. Several of them involving very, very bright colors and puffy paint. That stuff isn't coming back in fashion. Ever. Because it never was.

I say all of this because my precious little girls might be heading down the same path. Based on the pictures you see, it is clear that the girls are also into lots of color. Not necessarily matching color but color nonetheless. And accessories. Oh, the more the merrier is apparently the rule on accessories, especially hair barrettes. And if shoes have sparkle or glitter, they go with everything. Naturally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment