{sweetness}

>> Monday, September 28, 2009

I was sitting here working on some pictures for a family I will refer to as the supermodel family. Seriously, they were all gorgeous. Much like the Powell family, except very different. :-) Anyway, I'm working away, thinking the girls are asleep as Willy plays the Wii and, all of a sudden, Delaney emerges from her room. In her hand is her token. (Sidenote, as a way of really cutting down on the amount of times the girls came out of their rooms, I made them each a very sparkly, fun token with their name on it. They are allowed to use the token once a night to come out of their room. Once the token has been used, they are not allowed out anymore. Of course, Addy has found a way around this by saying, "I AM GOING TO PEE PEE IN MY BED. PLEASE LET ME OUT ANYWAY." Of course, this sends me flying to her room . . . after all, who wants to change pee-pee sheets? Meanwhile, she most often does not need to go, so we have had to (gasp) spank her if she comes out on false pretenses. Spare the rod, spoil the child, right? Hey, don't think me harsh . . . please come and meet my stubborn-as-the-day-is-long child first.) Anyway, Delaney sweetly says, "I wanted to use my token to come out and give you a hug and a kiss." There are still tears in my eyes. Is that just precious? Who is going to refuse that? I just didn't want to forget that she did that.

Meanwhile, I also didn't want to forget about Addy's Jesus episode in the bathtub. I put Addy in the tub tonight, and then I put in a plastic baby doll that we have used before. Addy begins to FREAK OUT (not very unusual), and I try to figure out why. Then she exclaims, "MOM! THAT'S THE JESUS BABY. DON'T PUT THE JESUS BABY IN THE BATHTUB. GET HIM OUT." And then I realize . . . that is the baby that I take with me to Community Bible Study (CBS) on Wednesdays to tell the Bible stories. We've been studying Hannah and Samuel so I've used the baby for a few weeks now. Apparently, the baby is now holy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment