{cracks.me.up}

>> Saturday, September 12, 2009

I have been quite a poor blogger lately . . . It's just been a busy week or so for us and, well, the blog has taken a back seat. I mean, things like feeding my children, cleaning the potties, washing a couple hundred loads of laundry . . . nothing glamourous, but it must be done.

Speaking of back seats, I was loading the girls into the car on Thursday evening, when Delaney got a very deep, thoughtful look on her face and said the following to me. May I set the scene? You see, every time we get in the car, the girls like to put a band-aid on a non-existent boo-boo. It's just what they do. I don't know why. But it makes them happy, especially Addy. As Delaney is unwrapping her band-aid, she says, (AND I QUOTE), "Hey Mom. Guess what? If you put a band-aid on one side of your bum and then let it cross the line (your bum crack, people) over to the other side of your bum, your stinky (poop, people) wouldn't be able to come out." It took me a moment to register what she had said. And then, laughter erupted and Delaney couldn't figure out why. After all, it was a brilliant thought, right? It obviously had taken a lot of brain power to come up with that one. And then we all laughed. And laughed. And laughed. Something we had needed to do all day, since I was determined to give away both Addy and Delaney earlier that day. Not really, of course, but stapling my head to the floor was a great option up until that point. We've had a lot of those days lately. But, in the midst of those days, isn't God awesome to give you things to laugh about.

So laugh. That's funny stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment