{i'm.baaaack}

>> Sunday, November 29, 2009




I know. You've missed me. Don't fret, my pets. After a whirwind week of being in more places than I care to count, we are home. And as much as I wished forever that our home was somewhere else, I know that we are right where we are supposed to be. For now. Meanwhile, the highlight of the week was welcoming my sweet niece into the world. She is just gorgeous and, of course, favors my side of the family. I'm telling you . . . those are some strong genes floating around. Of course, I took some pictures of that precious little girl, but I am already wishing I had taken many more. Alas, other things beckoned my attention, like my own little girls and my hilarious, handsome nephew. Family is fun, but I have to tell you . . . I'm worn out, people.
As if we weren't worn out enough, we decided to drag out all of the Christmas decorations and make a day of it. I'm pretty sure I heard the words, "Don't worry, mommy. It didn't break" at least 30 or 40 times. No joke. Thankfully, we own nothing especially precious and breakable so the girls did a lovely job of decorating the bottom fourth of the tree. It's loaded. Any 6 month old will have a hayday. But Delaney kept saying, "Beautiful" as she decorated the tree so what am I to do? (Don't worry. My A type personality can only handle it for another 24 hours and then, of course, I'll reposition as needed.) We already had one ornament break and, wouldn't you know, it was a Clemson ornament. Ugh. Only a sad, sad reminder that our team broke our hearts yesterday. (Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure we literally have another 20 or so ornaments that shamelessly promote our Clemson Tigers. We displayed them proudly just the same.)

Enjoy my new, sweet niece. I can't wait to see her again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment