Labels

Labels

About Me

My photo
so as much as i'd love to have photoshop for my life, it just isn't going to happen. so here I go, blogging about my life, my photography . . . in a non-photoshopped sort of way. life can get pretty messy, but I am thankful that my God is always there, no matter how imperfect and flawed I may be.

{popcorn.kernels.and.M&Ms}

>> Thursday, October 15, 2009

There must be a great fascination with sticking things in your ears and up your nose. Just last Thursday, Delaney successfully received tubes in her ears. The doctor, however, came out with more than just a little smile on his face. He explained that, while everything was just fine, he did discover something interesting in Delaney's ear . . . a popcorn kernel. While I wish I could say that I had no clue, I cannot. You see, Delaney had told me that Monday that she had "accidentally" stuck a popcorn kernel in her ear. ACCIDENTALLY? HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU DO THAT? Alas, I flipped her on her side, held her down and proceeded to inspect with a frilly toothpick. After coming up with nothing, I deemed her kernel free, with the consolation that we would be getting tubes in her ears in three days. If I was going to pay serious bucks to get the tubes in, I might as well have them remove the kernel while they're at it. And so they did. And now I don't win "Mother of the Year," and I'm pretty sure the nurses are talking about it . . . STILL.

So, we have the discussion about putting things in our ears, but, apparently, Addy missed the part about also putting things in our noses. So, yesterday, I hear "I CAN'T GET IT OUT. I CAN'T GET IT OUT. I CAN'T GET IT OUT." Oh no. What in the world is Addy talking about, I wonder, as I continue working feverishly on pictures. (I know, I should have been more concerned. Again, the Mother of the Year award has passed me by.) So, I come to inspect only to find a red M&M stuck in Addy's nose. Fabulous. She has shoved it a good ways up there and is panicking - a lovely trait she picked up from me. I grab the tweezers and proceed to brilliantly split the M&M so that it comes out in two pieces. Wala. Another crisis averted.

So we had the talk again. NOTHING. I REPEAT NOTHING GOES IN YOUR EARS OR YOUR NOSE. NOTHING.

I'll most likely be removing something again next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment