{i.heart.faces.photojournalism.week}

>> Tuesday, August 31, 2010



I absolutely adore the photo journalistic side of photography, as it's really what makes my heart soar - capturing real people as they really are, not pretending or fake. I had the utmost privilege of photographing some amazing kids at a camp called Victory Junction (http://www.victoryjunction.org/) a few weeks ago. These kids deal with a lot more than most of us could ever think of and, yet, they remain hopeful and even joyful. This particular young lady didn't know what to do when she was aware of the camera, so I didn't get what I wanted. Then, the magic started as a horse sauntered over. There's something very calming about animals to kids, and I love what I captured here. She totally forgot I was even there. It was finally . . . her. Head on over to i.heart.faces to see some amazing photo journalism taking place!!

5 comments:

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm August 31, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

This made my heart stop. As an animal lover, I just adore capturing the love between us and animals. ;)

Rachel September 1, 2010 at 1:26 AM  

Oh my goodness! You can see that the horse is enjoying the moment just as much. Just WOW - a great picture!

Lois Sparks September 2, 2010 at 5:31 PM  

It really shows how much she loves the horse and the same way with the horse to her. Great capture!

Post a Comment