{shape.it.up}

>> Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blog world has definitely been neglected lately, and I'm bummed about it. I love to blog, and I've got SOOOO much to share. And I will. Someday. I did want to share my oldest daughter's prayer tonight, because it was just too funny to not blog about. Let me give you a little backstory . . .

Upon arriving home from what Addy refers to as "Bigwanas," which is the Awanas program (a FABULOUS Christian based children's program), Addy was not in a fabulous mood. At all. Everything - yes EVERYTHING - was a battle, until we finally surrendered Addy to bed, sans stories, prayers, the whole bit. It was that bad.

Meanwhile, I went in to say prayers with Delaney. Delaney said several "thank you God" prayers, and then I asked her if there was anyone that she wanted to pray for. Without hesitation she said a firm, "YES" and then launched into the following prayer:

"Dear God, please help Addy to SHAPE IT UP. AMEN."

Classic, right? I know that NOTHING is impossible with God. We'll see what tomorrow brings . . .

1 comments:

Susanne October 11, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

Ahh Janet,
Only sisters can say these things about each other! I LOVE it...because my phrase is "pull it together"...really just "PULL IT TOGETHER!" Did I type that loudly because I usually say it loudly! But I will now add "shape it up" to my vocabulary in honor of sweet Delaney!

Post a Comment